Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Week 3, Thing 7

This is the "post anything about technology" assignment.

Well, let's just say I know a little more about technology than I did last time around doing 23 Things, just from experience. For example, my tube tv developed a picture shrinking problem, and I thought the tube was going up, so I read reviews and shopped for an HDTV (not plasma). It turned out the problem was a loose connection to my tv from the converter box-to-vcr-tv setup. Fortunately, I was overwhelmed by television choices in the stores and didn't buy a new one. But, I want one!

During Fall vacation, I started my own myspace and Facebook pages, which have brought me into the wild world of social networking. Uploading photos, designing the pages, adding applications (in Facebook), and so on. Plus, I've made some new "friends" in places like the UK and Oklahoma and Tennessee that I would never have found any other way. We talk about politics, literature, and just about anything else, plus share photos and generally stay in touch in a unique way. Fun, too!

I still don't own an iPod or any kind of mp3 player, but I plan to buy one soon to take advantage of our new downloadable audiobooks. Maybe the kind that also has an FM radio and a nice size screen. Maybe Sansa or Creative Zen. Still shopping around.

No comments: