Monday, February 11, 2008

Week 1, Thing 2

Really paid attention to this one. Took notes and everything. Highlights from the 7 1/2 Habits :

  • break out of the box: lifelong learning isn't about the traditional ways or constraints of learning
  • lifelong learning puts learners first and in control of the outcome
  • lifelong learning means being open to new ideas, decisions, skills, and behaviors
  • lifelong learning is "attitudinal": "attitude is everything"

And ain't that 4th bullet the big one?

Easiest of the 7 1/2 habits for me? Accept responsibility for your own learning. Always have. If I don't, who else will?

Hardest of the 7 1/2 habits for me? Play. Yep, believe it or not, I forget to play. But, then, there's all different kinds of play. I equate play with having fun. Priming and painting a door is fun for me. Seeing my photos digitized on the web for the first time was fun. And learning is fun, especially when you're just having fun and don't realize you're learning.

I downloaded the Learning 2.0 Contract thing but don't know if I'll use it. That would seem to make learning less fun ;-)

Watched the YouTube video this time: the machine is us......

No comments: